WordPress 4.2 Beta 3 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.2, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
- Removed Shiny Installs functionality due to concerns about the activation workflow. Please test the remaining “Shiny Updates” functionality from both the Plugins > Add New and Plugins screens to ensure in-line updating still works as well as before.
- Fixed an issue with the Comments Quick Edit layout breaking on smaller screens. Please test on your mobile devices.
- Improved accessibility of login screen errors. Screen reader users: please let us know if you encounter any issues.
- Refined the emoji compatibility script to only load on the front- and back-end if the browser requires it. If you’re using a legacy web browser, please test.
- Fixed several issues in Press This with inserted images being improperly linked to locations other than the source site. Go ahead, “press” a site with images on the page and tell us if the image links aren’t working as you’d expect.
- Standardized the time display format in a variety of admin screens, switching to 24-hour notation where a.m. or p.m. are not specified. Please let us know if you notice you notice anything amiss!
- Various other bug fixes. We’ve made more than 65 changes in the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed.
“Shiny Updates” still stand firm
Beta 3, please test!