WordPress 4.2 Beta 4 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 4.2, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
- Incrementally improved the experience when accessing the Customizer on mobile. Please test on your mobile devices and let us know if anything seems wonky.
- Added the ability to make admin notices dismissible. Plugin and theme authors: adding
.is-dismissibleas adjacent classes to your notice containers should automatically make them dismissible. Please test.
- Fixed some reported issues with backward-compatibility issues caused by the modularization of core JS files.
- Removed the ability to swipe the admin menu open and closed on touch devices due to reports of some issues with built-in history navigation on certain platforms.
- Improved accessibility of the WordPress admin by replacing skip-to-content links with landmark roles. Screen reader users: please test in any core admin screens.
- Various bug fixes. We’ve made more than 90 changes in the last week.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Or, if you’re comfortable writing a bug report, file one on the WordPress Trac. There, you can also find a list of known bugs and everything we’ve fixed.
Customizer on mobile
RC nearly here